Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Grand Lolo

The sun shined at an angle soaking everything up in golden sunshine. It embraced me with a distinctive warmth, one that doesn't sting just like a mother's love. Mornings like this invoke nostalgia, it reminds me of those sepia toned photos my grandpa used to show me; pictures of his youth, pictures when he and grandma were still "in a relationship" and not yet "married". I could still remember how they looked like in one photo; they were standing side by side, they were not holding hands nor were they smiling, it was as if they were about to be shot by a firing squad. It was funny.

My grandpa died of angina when I was 12. He is in a happy place now where all the other grandpas are playing DotA and updating their friendster accounts, and disco dancing... Heaven keeps up with the times. When I grow old I would like to become a groovy lolo. I would leave a legacy that would make my descendants proud. They would tell my story long after I'm dead. They would proudly tell the world that their Lolo is a super groovy guy. I am excited to become a lolo but I am taking my time to savor my youth so when the time comes for me to deliver my speech at our Diamond anniversary, in front of my family, I could tell it vividly from a memory undoped by time. "I have been to neverland... I cried... I laughed... I lived... I loved... I felt... I did it myyyyyyyy waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy!"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lingawa oi. When all grandpas are playing DOTA and updating their friendster account and disco dancing???? (Lolz)

other one,
I have been to neverland... I cried... I laughed... I lived... I loved... I felt... I did it myyyyyyyy waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy!"

wow! Nindot au siya!